94 Coupe with D15B7 to D16Z6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok first off im pretty knowledgeable about cars, so having said that

I need a DIY on wiring specifically a D series VTEC into a 92-95 civic non vtec car. We have a Z6 Harness with the VTEC selniod wires and everything, so would we just be adding wires from the plug cannon's back to the ECU?

Any other suggestions or ideas about swapping a D15B7 to D16Z6 would be appreciated. Thanks.

ok im not trying to be a dick or anything but dont you think i would have already looked at that first before i even posted this question, CLEARLY you can see that is a very vauge DIY on how to wire it up, i need something SPECIFIC!

Ecu pinouts

Here is a good topic on the ecu pin outs. There are some pics a few posts down that are usefull in finding the locations of the v-tec pins. The wires are color coded in the engine harness so it is easy to trace them to the shock tower plugs. Then run the appropriate wire from the plug to the ECU. It helps to have some junk harnesses scavange the pins out of. This is about as specific as I can get. I was able to do this with out a manual, just with the info available here. I did a b16a swap in my 93 a few months ago and found everybody here very helpful.

Originally posted by friz@Apr 14 2005, 08:55 PM
Ecu pinouts

Here is a good topic on the ecu pin outs. There are some pics a few posts down that are usefull in finding the locations of the v-tec pins. The wires are color coded in the engine harness so it is easy to trace them to the shock tower plugs. Then run the appropriate wire from the plug to the ECU. It helps to have some junk harnesses scavange the pins out of. This is about as specific as I can get. I was able to do this with out a manual, just with the info available here. I did a b16a swap in my 93 a few months ago and found everybody here very helpful.
[post=487246]Quoted post[/post]​

Thank you. I have a couple junk harnesses laying around ill pull some pins out of those. Thanks again ;)

Originally posted by B16ASilverhonda@Apr 15 2005, 02:29 AM
ok im not trying to be a dick or anything but dont you think i would have already looked at that first before i even posted this question, CLEARLY you can see that is a very vauge DIY on how to wire it up, i need something SPECIFIC!
[post=487242]Quoted post[/post]​

Vague? I take offense to that since it tell you the exact pins locations at the ECU, the exact locations in the canon plugs, and the exact wires you need to add and from where to where. If that is vague, than what would you like?

But depending on the year of the car, you may just need to plug in the harness from the Z6, and it will work perfectly with no extra wiring.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Apr 15 2005, 02:59 AM-->
B16ASilverhonda
@Apr 15 2005, 02:29 AM
[post=487242]Quoted post[/post]​

Vague? I take offense to that since it tell you the exact pins locations at the ECU, the exact locations in the canon plugs, and the exact wires you need to add and from where to where. If that is vague, than what would you like?

But depending on the year of the car, you may just need to plug in the harness from the Z6, and it will work perfectly with no extra wiring.
[post=487370]Quoted post[/post]​

lol very vague man you need to learn to write clear threads....lol i am only joking it helped me perfectly when it came down to wiring my civic but it aint running no more..might be because of your wiring teaching...lol only playing

Back