94 EG Hatch with 97 F22 Accord Drivetrain questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Mike Diaz

I have an EG hatch with the dinky 1.5 automatic. My buddy runs an import salvage yard, and they're going to crush a 1997 Honda Accord LX with the F22B1 and auto tranny. He's giving me the drivetrain, wiring harness, and ECU for free, and I plan on installing it in the EG.

From what I've read, the F22, and H22 use the same mounts, so if I buy the mount kit and the hybrid axles, I'll be well on my way to completing this install. Am I correct?

BTW, I"m no rookie at this, we just finished up an H22 swap in an EK hatch with the mount and axle kit, and everything went perfectly. I also am working on a 2003 Acura RL engine in my 91 5 speed Legend coupe.

This swap is ONLY to make my EG hatch a little funner to drive. It will not be a track car, so please don't make comments about how this is a waste of time. The way I see it, I'm gaining 28 horsepower and 41 ft lb torque.

Any opinions are appreciated though.

not a waste of time, a buddy of mine did a f22 swap in his 96 hatch and that car moved, and then he added 150 shot of nos

Quoted post[/post]]
not a waste of time, a buddy of mine did a f22 swap in his 96 hatch and that car moved, and then he added 150 shot of nos

i'm sure you meant nitrous, unless you meant the brand NOS.

as for the original question or point. good luck. your thoughts appear to be accurate. keep us updated on the build. I'd be cool for a turbo setup.

Yeah, F22's may not be common swaped into EG's, but they don't suck. Bring on the boost.

Quoted post[/post]]
Yeah, F22's may not be common swaped into EG's, but they don't suck. Bring on the boost.

I think I'll be more inclined to run a basic turbo kit and swap back to OBD I if I decide that I need more power. I want to get it running first, and find out what it feels like, then go from there.

So far, I have $800 in the car, $0 in the drivetrain, $0 in the wiring and ECU. I'll have $400 in mounts and hybrid axles, and I'm going to sell my stock D15 drivetrain for $400.

Anybody have a front bumper, hood, and front fenders for a hatch or coupe? That's all the car needs right now.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

i'm sure you meant nitrous, unless you meant the brand NOS.

as for the original question or point. good luck. your thoughts appear to be accurate. keep us updated on the build. I'd be cool for a turbo setup.
yes it was the NOS brand, then he sold that to me and bought a zex dry kit, then he pulled that out a did a h22 swap

Back