94 GS-R

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECPOWER

I see an add here in the local paper for a 1995 integra gs-r but it says AT, i thought the gs-r's were only 5 speeds?
it says it has a new clutch kit.

They were only available as manual cars in the US. JDM models were available with an automatic, but not here.

the car is a gs-r 5 speed, but some asshole who had the car before this guy put a b18b engine into it and took out all the gs-r engine/tranny goodies, if i were to buy this car........what kind of aftermarket parts should i buy as far as intake/header/exhaust, also with suspension upgrades i should buy gs-r aftermarket parts.....correct me if i am wrong.

look out for a salvage/rebuilt title

sounds like a theft recovery to me...
no one swaps a gsr for a b18 without some reasoning for it...

the guy i talked to bought it off of a lot, and not from someone, like a trade in, also the idiot who had it b4 him had a 92 gs-r tranny put in, aka cable tranny, and messed it all up, but the guy who has it now put in a ls hydraulic tranny with a new clutch kit

I don't know man... it sounds fishy to me. It definitely seems like a theft recovery car. Get the title history checked out.

i went to go look at the car a little while ago, the thing was real bad, needed trans mount, cuz ls tranny in a gsr with ls block, no AC, line was cut, paint was chipping, power steering messed up, so, i bet it was def. a theft recovery like u all said......props on the calls

One of my friends rebuilds theft recovery Hondas as a side business and he does a damn good job of it- but he's still honest when he sells the car. He makes sure the buyer knows that it's a salvage title, and he makes sure that they know the full history (as he knows it) of how the car came to be at the wrecking yard.

I trust him- you just have to be careful about the people who aren't so honest, and they're going to be LOT more common than people like my buddy Dave.

yeah, no doubt.
goin to look at that car was a waste of my time, lol. even though it was 15 min away. the guy on the phone didnt tell me any of the stuff that was wrong with it.
the car was probably worth 2k(if that)

Back