94 gsr motor in a 99 ek coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yps689

Ok, so I have the 99 civic coupe and I just recently swapped a 94 gsr engine into it. I am using a 99 si ecu. I am getting a cel code for my crank shaft position sensor. Where exactly is it located at and how do I go about fixing this problem? I know that there are a few sites that have similar issues, but none of them seems to fit mine...btw, thanks in advance!

I don't think the OBD1 motor (94 gsr) has it. You would need an OBDII motor (96+).

I suggest getting a P28 (OBD1) ecu, chipped and a conversion harness from OBD1 to OBDII.

i have a virgin p28 and a p72 ecu. they're both obd1. if that's the case, i will need to buy a conversion harness and which ecu should i use? btw, i am using a 99 si civic engine harness, dizzy, and alternator. that wouldn't make a difference too, right?

How did you hook up the Alt, Dizzy and injectors to your OBD2B harness?

If you got that all squared away.....I would run the OBD1 P72 with a jumper harness.

carfrog: i just replaced the alt and dizzy with brand new si alt and dizzy. i also replaced the gsr injectors with the si injectors and used a si engine harness since my chassis is already a obd2b vtec too.

question: where do i find a decent jumper harness? ebay has them and it varies from $20-120!!! how do i know which one to use?

Check out this site's page for harnesses (Phearable.net)

OBD Harnesses

I have a friend running their conversion harness in a 97 civic. But you are OBD2B???? Or....OBD2A.......99 civic is an EM??? I am not Mr. OBD2 at all lol

You could also try Rywire.com, I just had to order a dizzy adapter, ecu jumper and vtec sub harness and a clutch line from them for my 99 civic to hook up a 98 gsr to a p72 and it was relatively cheap

Back