94 Gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Estorvito

Soy Boricua
Maybe If I post again........ :(

My gsr engine is idling real bad, and lots of black smoke comes out the exhaust...I just replaced the spark plugs , plug wires, gas filter, o2 sensor and I wired two wires for the vtec wich were A4, and D6 on the ecu.....

(I have a 93 civic dx sedan with a 94 gsr engine and ecu. Im using the stock harness...)

Thanks

you gotta be a little more specific dude. what is "bad"? up? high? low? irratic? what color smoke- blue? grey? white?

CEL lights? sounds to me liek u have a sensor that is off causing the motor to retard timing...and dump to much fuel....which would cause the car to idle poorly and smoke black...be more specific as B said and get back to us

Sorry about that..ppl..

Yeah well, My car is idling bad..(Irratic) It sounds like this...lol..hear it goes..lol
rrrooooooooommmmmmmprapraprarooooommmpraprapra and so on...

ha. anyways it blows black smoke out the exhaust, and my gas tank emptys fast..... It seem to me like its running rich or something But why?

Now I Just found out this morning that my knock sensor is not hooked up...and the throttle body Black solenoid tingy...I think is called Throttle body (under cross brace) wich has two wires, one black w/yellow and a solid red wire is not hooked up either..Now where on the ecu do these wires go to...I know where the knock sensor goes but not sure about that throttle body tingy.....
Would this cause my car to idle irratictly and blow black smoke out the exhaust....
I'm going to hook the knock sensor up now.....

I had the b18b engine on my civic last week and it was doing the same exact shit,.... Now that I have the gsr in ,,,....Guess what? Same O shit..No cel codes.... Help Please.............. :(

Thanks.

dude, unhooked wires almost always = a very very bad thing...

you need to get a helms, or if you are cheap/broke check out autozone.com's repair section for wiring diagrams
check out the diagrams for the motor you have and see if you can figure it out...

Would this cause my car to idle irratictly and blow black smoke out the exhaust....

unhooked sensors would do the trick...

sounds like your iacv is unplugged or not wired correctly.

knock sensor does little if anythign at all at idel. its mostly for higher revs.

iacv wouldn't cause that bad of an idle, just cause it to idle really high if it wasn't plugged in at all, and really lopey if it's plugged in but doesn't have the correct voltage. he's talking about his map or tps sensor, which either one will fuck up an idle with a quickness, imo, they're the two most detrimental sensors in the car. is it on the back of the tb by the firewall, or on the top? the top is your map sensor, and the back is your tps.

My civic had a map sensor on the firewall and the gsr engine has one by the throttle body..Now I Unplugged them both and my car is idling a little better...and Im getting less black smoke out the exhaust....

Im getting a map sensor code on the ecu....would this fuck up my engine at all...
There is also a vacumm hose that is not hooked up right by the throtlle body area....I have pictures If anyone wants to see themmm...How Do I post......?

if you have codes, this entire thread is worthless.

of COURSE your car is going to run like shit.

fix your problems/error codes, then try posting again.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 26 2004, 02:55 PM
if you have codes, this entire thread is worthless.

of COURSE your car is going to run like shit.

fix your problems/error codes, then try posting again.
[post=407650]Quoted post[/post]​

No No no No....
What I meant to say was that now that my map sensors are unplugged my car is running better, but im getting the ,map code.....

Now If I plug them in I dont get no code at all but my car idles really bad (Irratic) and black smokes comes out the exhaust...

:nod:

you keep saying 'them', you only plug in one map sensor. unplug the one on the firewall and use the the plug to plug in the one on the tb, by you saying 'them' leads me to believe you don't have your tps plugged in either, they are similar plugs and that's the only way you could plug in 2 map sensors. as far as vacuum lines, make sure everything on the engine that needs a vacuum hose hooked up, has it, and if you have extra's fuck it, plug them up for now and worry about your more serious problems at hand, but vacuum leaks will cause a lopey idle also.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 26 2004, 03:14 PM
if your car runs better with the map unplugged, its probably wired wrong.
[post=407655]Quoted post[/post]​

OK Guys..I will Rewire The map sensor In a bit, and let you guys know what happens.....

Thanks a lot..... :huh:

Are your o2 sensors whired correctly? Sometimes when there backwards there geting a reading from the othere cyclenders and feed the wrong amount of fuel. Thus the shitty running enggine. Doe it doo fine when you stomp on it?

i think you;re missing the main point here

map and tps sensor plugs are almost identical...

if you had both maps plugged in, then you didn't have your tps hooked up

you need to figure out which plug is the tps and which is the map, and then only use one map...

i wouldn;t go rewiring anything until you are certain which plug goes where and which map you are using...

woosshhhhh.. It took me almost 3 weeks to do the swaps....wow..about time..

:) I used the one map sensor that comes with the civic, and on the gsr which is on the throttle body, and used the plug from the civic's original map sensor and i rewired it.....I hooked up the vacumm that was missing and now everything is perfect..THank God...<---- And you guys.....

How do I know if the vtec is kicking in....I dont have rpms since my car was automatic, so.....Is there some kind of noise it makes... anyways the car is running and no....NO MORE Black smoke.....Yeeeeehhhaaaaa!

I wanna Thank reckedracing, pissedoffsol, projekteg, and Im sure im missing a couple other people....But Anyways/...Thanks a lot..You's were big help.....

Howdo I post pics......Anybody....

Lets see if everything goes well with the car now......If Not...lol. Ill be posting here tomorrow.....AGAIN....IM preety sure I'll be here .....lol :lol:

Thank YOu

Back