94 Hb W/ 94 F22 Swap, Help Plz!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HatchSpeeD

...Hi...
Ok, i got a 94 accord ex engine, tranny, and ecu for really cheap. So I want to do a swap into my 94 civic HB cx. I need some information. I know I gotta get the mounting kit. What axles should i use? I heard 90-93 integra axles. Also, will the harness plug into the ecu? I'm hearing different stories. I think it may, but then i have to run the vtec wires. Just basically tell me what problems i may run into or what i need to do to get it in there :p I'd appreciate any help. One more thing, do you think that engine is gonna be too heavy for my HB, or it shouldnt be that bad?

(try to be different and end up shooting yourself in the foot :( )

you need to do pretty much everything you need to do for an h22, only you won't get the power.

IMO, its a waste of time.

you are going to spend a shit laod of money on mounts, conversion for the tranny, and so forth for a motor with 130 horse

Give him some credit, the engine has 145 horses. :p :) And the torque numbers are decent for a light car like a Civic.

but you can get an LS in there cheaper. i don't care if he paid 500 bucks for the f22.... the mounts are 550, the conversion tranny shit is liek 300, axles, add more, etc etc

Yeah, it's true, he can, and it's only got 20 fewer foot-pounds of torque. It'll be a tough swap, but at least we'll have someone on the board with an F-series into a Civic. :)

IMO f22 are not worth it either, but hey, people do it.

Mount kit:
I recommend using the hasport mount kit. approx 550 like pissedoffsol said

Axles:
You can use 90+ accord intermediate shaft with 90-93 integra axles, or custom axles (www.driveshaftshop.com) stage 1 is $400

The harness should plug in and you just have to run the wires. and i dont think the engine is going to be too heavy. but then i dont think the h22 is heavy in a civic :p
And as far as a tranny conversion thats $300, i have no idea what hes talkin about, maybe he will elaborate a little more after my post if he'd like. Your tranny that came with the motor should work fine. you do have to change your shifter. right now your car uses a shifter rod, and the f22 uses cables. So you have to cut a hole in your floorboard so you can run the cables up to the shifter from the tranny. i dont know if you have these but if you need to look for the shifter and cables you can use any from these cars... 92+ prelude and 90-97 accord, i hear u can go higher up in the accord years, but im not for sure , i picked mine up for $30 shipped :D

thx paragus..BTW guys...i got this setup for a really good price...thats why im doing it, besides its orignal. Remember, it has 145 hp and 147lbs of tq. in a accord...should haul ass in my civic. Only comp on the streets will be eg with h22 swap. :p

Anyways, what suspension setup do you guys think I should use? Gimme some h22 swap setups any you guys no about. PEAS!

PS. Oh yea as far as the mount kit, i see a hcp kit on ebay for like 270 all the time.

go ahead with the hcp, if you have problems, let me know.lol. no seriously though sometimes people have no problems with hcp, and sometimes they are just as bad as place racing. and as far as suspension im gonna use ground control coilovers with tokiko shocks. thats a semi-popular one.

Ground controls are kinda expensive, and I heard from a friend they suck. He suggested some other cheap ones that he had on his HB with his swap (LS). I was gonna use the tokico's though. I called a shop today and asked what they suggest and they said some teins. Sorry guys, dont have a grand to shell out on suspension. He also said i can call like skunk2 or suttin and get a custom spring rate for the springs, but i dunno how much that will be. Im thinkin, get the tockico shocks, and try some like $99 coilovers like dropzone...but i hope the spring rates will match up with the big ol' 2.2 in the front. Whatcha think?????

(Can ya tell im on a very tight budget here :p )

dont even bother wasting your time or money with those bull shit coils
youll be better off with your stock shit
ground controls are good
skunk2s are good
teins are very good

you dont NEED adjustable coilovers
just get some good springs and youll be ok
that will cost you around $200

e_sol is correct, you dont need adjustable coilovers. But IMO you being a tight budget this swap may not be for you, you need to take your suspension just as serious as your engine swap. And invest some $$$$ in your suspension, dont cheapout on it (for example buy some dropzone coilovers.)

Hey, accivic

I'm gonna do the same swap then you (except it will be a f22 from a 92 prelude s)
I'm gonna start in July (I have to get the motor off the car and change the clutch)

Let me know if you finish first ;)

Back