94 integra ls swap into 1st gen crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tmac1987

I have an 84 civic crx with a bad motor. I am not sure which model it is, it is not the si. I also have a totaled 94 integra ls. I would like to put the motor into the crx if it is not too difficult, or require too many other parts. i am on a budget and would like to get it done for fairly cheap. I have worked mainly on dsms and toyotas, I have a friend who is willing to help me and he knows a little more than me about honda, but not much.

thanks,

putting the Integra B18 into your car will not be cheap - first off, since it isn't the Si model you will need the complete fuel system from 85-87 CRX Si (tank, pump, lines, etc.) - your car is carburated and doesn't have the pressurized fuel system which is required to run the fuel injected engine - you will need to completely rewire the car - you will need to swap the knuckles/hubs for ones from 86-89 Integra - mounts, axles and shift linkage will run you over $1000 - you will need a lot of exhaust work

I would like to do it for less money than that, can i pick and pull the axle and shift linkages, and make custom motor mounts? For the wiring, will i basically transfer everything straight over from the integra? What transmission is best to use?
thanks for the help.

Back