1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

94 integra ls swap into 1st gen crx

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EW' started by tmac1987, Mar 13, 2007.

1. tmac1987

tmac1987 New Member

I have an 84 civic crx with a bad motor. I am not sure which model it is, it is not the si. I also have a totaled 94 integra ls. I would like to put the motor into the crx if it is not too difficult, or require too many other parts. i am on a budget and would like to get it done for fairly cheap. I have worked mainly on dsms and toyotas, I have a friend who is willing to help me and he knows a little more than me about honda, but not much.

thanks,

2. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

putting the Integra B18 into your car will not be cheap - first off, since it isn't the Si model you will need the complete fuel system from 85-87 CRX Si (tank, pump, lines, etc.) - your car is carburated and doesn't have the pressurized fuel system which is required to run the fuel injected engine - you will need to completely rewire the car - you will need to swap the knuckles/hubs for ones from 86-89 Integra - mounts, axles and shift linkage will run you over $1000 - you will need a lot of exhaust work

3. tmac1987

tmac1987 New Member

I would like to do it for less money than that, can i pick and pull the axle and shift linkages, and make custom motor mounts? For the wiring, will i basically transfer everything straight over from the integra? What transmission is best to use?
    thanks for the help.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted