94 VTEC DOHC INTO 96 CIVIC EX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BMC510

I HAVE BEEN TOLD REPEATEDLY THAT THESE SYSTEMS WILL INTEGRATE SOMEWHAT EASILY.. THIS DOESNT SEEM TO BEE THE CASE. i HAVE A 94 DEL SOL B16A3 W/ OBD1 HARNESS AND COMPUTER. IM TRYING TO PUT IT INTO A 96 CIVIC EX ( HAD OBD2 1.6L SOHC VTEC) NO CONNECTIONS ARE MATCHING OTHER THAN THE DEL SOL HARNESS TO DEL SOL MOTOR. ANY HELP AND EXPERIENCE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.. THANK YOU

you're gonna have to convert your obd2 harness, or else it won't work. the easiest way to do it is to put an obd2 intake manifold and distributor from a 99-00 civic si.

or you could just sell the motor you have and buy an obd2 motor.

your only other options would be to switch out the complete in-car harness, or ghetto-wire your obd1 engine harness to your obd2 in-car harness.

just swap the intake manifolds out and run obd2. you can always get a pigtail and run an obd1 ecu in the future.

edit: i think.

IN LOOKING AT THE PORTION OF THE HARNESS (OBD2) ALLREADY IN THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT, NOTHING SEEMS TO MATCH THE HARNESS ON THE DOHC ENGINE. DO I TRY TO INTERFACE THE ENGINE HARNESS OFF OF THE SOHC. THANKS AGAIN
I APPOLOGIZE FOR MY IGNORANCE IN THIS AREA, I STEPPED INTO THIS SCENERIO VERY BLINDLY

hey dude, ya know you'll never pass emissions with that set up right? I'm not trying to be an ass, just letting ya know- of course i don't know if your state even has emmisions testing, but as a whole, a motor that's older than the car will never pass, it's just the rule

your obd2 harness isn't gonna match up....thats why you have to either convert the motor to obd1 (by swapping intake manifold/distributor) or change your car to obd2.

Back