95 accord lx swap h22a???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yangkou303

i have a 95 accord lx and was wondering what type of year h22 engine could just fit right in? im new to this so i was thinking the 92-95 years but im not sure at all. i wanted to know if any newer years would fit in perfect since 95 is pretty old? and if i just get the engine only....would a stock tranny work also? or what type of tranny would u guys prefer? h22 or h23 tranny? will the h23 tranny fit perfect?

stick to 92-95 engine....a stock tranny is fine but if you are going to stay all motor you dont want to be using the h23. nothing wrong with it but the gearing in the h22 is a lot better for all motor guys. and if you wanted the f22 tranny would be about the same as the h23 as far as gearing.

if you want to run boost id say stick to the f22. they are strong and the aftermarket is there for those motors. the 2k you would spend on an h22 swap could go to a turbo set up that would make a lot more power.

That's exactly what I'm runin in my 96 accord right now. I have a H22 engine with a F22 tranny and I love it. I have the power I want and the torque that I want too plus if I want to add a turbo or supercharger that F22 will hold up strong!. I love. My car drives hella fast and has the power I want. Its perfect.

Back