95 civic dx auto w/ jdm d15 wiring problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

supwhoaday

i just recently swapped my stock dx motor for a jdm d15 vtec motor and used the original auto tranny. does anybody know how to do the wiring for the single cam vtec like in an ex model? my car threw a check engine light 14(iac valve) and 22(vtec oil pressure switch). can anybody tell me how to correct the problems? thanks guys!!

the iac is different on an automatic then 5 speed so you need to replace the trottle body with a different one - it has the iac on the throttle body it's self
second your oil presure switch for the vtec needs to be grounded there are two wires coming out of it take the black wire and ground it to the frame of you car ..... i had to do the same thing
if you take your original throttle body from your dx and put it onto the 5y intake manifold and use that iac i think you'll be staight i believe the dx uses the same as the automatic then reset you ecu and see if it works get back at me and let me know how you made out

thanks for the information man. i could never figure out why my engine boggs a little bit at idle. i was going to change out the iac valve with the stock dx iac valve. i thought it was just a bad sensor! so i just cut the black wire coming from the vtec oil pressure sensor and ground it? the car shakes real bad when i have the AC on! does that have anything to do with the IAC valve?

problem fixed except cel code 14!

would you know how to wire the vtec oil pressure sensor? can you ground out the black wire on the ecu side harness? what about on the pressure switch itself? there are 2 wires coming from the harness that plugs into the pressure switch itself! what do i do with the two wires?

Last edited:
on the engine side off the presure switch there are two wires one is blue and one is black the black wire needs to be grounded - ! do not ground the black wire on the harness side
the blue wire should go to pin C15 on the ecu

appreciate the information!!! JDM d15 swap is now complete!!!!!!

UPDATE: you mean d6 pin right? the c15 pin is for obd2 models! correct me if im wrong! the d6 pin is a light blue wire right? just cut the light blue wire and solder the vtec pressure switch to it right?

Last edited:
Back