95 Civic Dx Wants A New Heart

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eyesonlybob

well, i think im finally going to do a swap, and the motor is going to be a b16 (im not sure what obd it is, i havent looked at it yet). a friend from work can get me the b16, tranny, and ecu for $1000. i think its a good deal. i found the same stuff on hmotorsonline.com for $1800 i think. anyway, is this a good deal?

problem is its only the motor, tranny and ecu, so i need a lot of other parts which i can still get.

but i have a few questions:

1. im not sure if the motor includes the mounts, if not, do i just get the mounts from a junk yard say...off of a 99 si?

2. im going to have to swap my car to a manual, in doing this, which shift linkage do i use?

3. my car currently doesnt have vtec. i found a site that said which wires needed to be added, but how do i do this? just strip the wire, and add it to the correct spot on the harness? i could use some more detail about that.

4. i want to keep a/c and p/s...do i use the 99 si ones?

5. i should change out the waterpump and timing belt when doing the swap right?

6. my car is obd1, im not sure what obd the b16 is because i dont know what year it is...is there a harness that i can buy that converts everything for me (if needed), or will i have to go through that? would it be easier to swap an obd1 engine such as a b18c1 (if this b16 is obd2)?

7. does putting a new engine do anything to my insurince(sp)? do i need to tell them? any information on that would be good.

im anticipating this to go fairly easy, i have read up a lot on the swap and think im very prepared. im worried about the wiring, and misc wiring stuff. if anyone wants to point something out that i may run into so im prepared that would be nice.

am i missing anything in this list of other parts i will need:

- Axles
- Shift Linkage (which one?)
- Stock Motor Mounts
- Engine Harness (if the engine doesnt come with it...)
- A/C
- P/S

thanks

1. im not sure if the motor includes the mounts, if not, do i just get the mounts from a junk yard say...off of a 99 si?

use 94+ teg mounts

2. im going to have to swap my car to a manual, in doing this, which shift linkage do i use?

Same 94+ B series either teg or 99-00 Si

3. my car currently doesnt have vtec. i found a site that said which wires needed to be added, but how do i do this?

Run wires from the respective solenoids to their spots at the ECU,you may need to run a knock sensor also,same process.

4. i want to keep a/c and p/s...do i use the 99 si ones?

Delsol DOHC vtec ones.

5. i should change out the waterpump and timing belt when doing the swap right?

Yes it is a good idea.

6. my car is obd1, im not sure what obd the b16 is because i dont know what year it is...

find out then tackle this one

7. does putting a new engine do anything to my insurince(sp)? do i need to tell them? any information on that would be good.

Most insurance companies wouldn't have a problem with it since it is a availible US motor,but it is a good idea to tell them and talk about getting your car insured with it.

Back