1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

95 Civic EX - broken rods - Engine swap?

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by david00m, Apr 25, 2010.

1. david00m

david00m New Member

I have a '95 Civic EX for a daily driver and the engine failed when a friend was driving (broke a couple of rods). I'd like a low cost easy swap, preferably a JDM. Is the D15B an identical swap? I'm going to have a friend do the swap, but he does not want a conversion project. The body is in great shape.

Any advice on the easiest swap to do?

I'm looking at:
    Tiger Japanese Auto Parts LTD - D15B SOHC VTEC Engine only Honda Civic 92-95

For $525 + $135 shipping to Indiana.

2. EnderAW

EnderAW New Member

All you have to do is look at the block, and that will tell you exactly what you need for an identical swap :)

3. REV2TEN

REV2TEN New Member

I believe your 95 ex is a d16z6, but yes, look at the block it's stamped on the lower left near the exhaust manifold.

4. D16SiHatch

D16SiHatch New Member

the d15b is the closest thing you will find to a z6 or y8 from the us market

5. jwatson619

jwatson619 New Member

im having the same problem with my eg. i have a stock z6 that the rods and bearings are completly gone. ive been looking at the same website for the d15b, but i dont see how your shipping is lower than mine since i live in indiana as well. can you let me know and how the engine swap turn out and how it runs?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted