95 civic ex coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

driftmuch

The other day i recieved a FREE 1995 Civic Ex coupe. the car had an engine fire under the hood but other then that the car is in mint condition. I have already droped the d16zy and 5 speed and i would like to know what engine i sould put in it. being a 5th gen civic i know that with the proper mounts that you can basicly use any engine you want to. Is it possible to switch from a hydro clutch to a cable. cable b16a1's seem to be cheep (around 1500 for whole swap - mounts) but there mostly all cable trans. Thanks :mullet:

stay away from the cable tranny
the 1st gen B16s are also OBD-0... your car is OBD-1... that means you will have a bitch of a time with the wiring and probly end up spending more than an OBD-1 B16 would have cost in the first place

i have a 95 ex with a 18c i love it, but the car is heavy i have a hard time with hatches that have b16's. If you go with a 16 you may regret it. I would go with an obd 1 and its not that mutch more for an 18c it will be worth it.

with the money you saved on the swap, youll spend that on converting the car for cable tran....make things easier on yourself and go with the proper obd and tran type.....my.02 cents....

Back