95 civic suspension

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

evo8

i was wondering what would be a better deal for performance,quality and prices. i was thinking either the tein basic or some sort of shock and spring package. if you have any ideas for spring ans shock combs feel free to tell me, thanks

I run Tokico HP Series shocks and Arospeed coilover conversions... but I will be changing to Ground Control soon. If you shop around, Tokico Blues and Ground Control coilovers can be had for close to or under 500 bucks, and provide a satisfying experience.

There are so many combo and peiced together parts that will out perform Tein all day it's not even funny. You should figure out what you are looking for as far as handling, then think about adjustability and ride hieght.

Konis and GC are always a good choice. I have Tokico Illuminas and GCs, and am pretty happy.

yeah i was looking into the tokico illuminas, but i was wondering if i would be able to adjust the height. and if not thats not a big deal and im looking for about a 2.50 inch drop. but idk if that is to much or not so i need some help choosing springs. thanks

Shocks do not control ride height. They control dampening, and when a shock is adjustable, that means the dampening (stiffness) is adjustable, not the ride height. If you want to be able to adjust the ride height, you will need coilover conversions. Get yourself some nice Ground Control and call it good. If you want springs (non-adjustable ride height, but smoother ride), I recommend Intrax. They're a good spring, IMO.

True coilover systems are almost always better than sleeve coil setups, the reason being you can adjust your ride height without losing all your suspension travel. Most of them are also matched perfectly (strut stiffness vs. spring rate) and are just plain a better choice. But for the money, GCs and some KYB AGXs or tokico adjustables give some very impressive results for 500 bone.

ive been hearing alot of people say i can get tokcio illuminas and cg's coilovers for about 500$. ive been to maybe 5 sites, and they all average about 700-800 dollars when i do the math. i was wondering if anyone has a site that i can get both for about 500$ thanks

Back