95 Civic swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

agcivic

Sup to you all!
I'm new to all this swap stuff, and in desperate need for some advise. I'm trying to perform a mini swap on my "95 Honda Civic DX HB. What I have in it now is stock engine with manual transmission. Behind my garage I got a rolled over '95 Honda Civic EX Coupe automatic transmission. I want to put that Vtec engine in my hatch, but keep the manual tranny. I have already purchased P28 ECU for manual tranny, since I heard that there is a difference in ECU's for AT and MT. Now, my question is:
What engine wiring and dash wiring do I put?
If I put the wiring from EX AT, will I need to buy a special convergion plug for the P28 MT ECU?
Is there a way to simplify my swap problem?
Please help me with your info ASAP, so I can get my Civic back on the road.

Thanx.

use the dx wiring harness and your p28 computer(it will plug right in)then add 4 lines for vtec, one ground, one pressure switch, one solenoid and knock sensor. Vtec pressure switch(pin D6 and the black wire to chassis ground) Vtec solenoid valve(pin A4 single wire) Knock sensor(im not shere i dont have ex paper work) Im not really shere if you could use the 95's harness or not, but if i was doing it i would use the dx because it would look cleaner, no AT wires everywere. good luck

Back