'95 civic w/ '00 front end conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GQMarques

GQMarquesâ„¢
Wut up all,

PROBLEM: I have a '95 civic with a '00 front end conversion. I didn't do the initial conversion myself and who ever did doesn't pay attention to detail. There's a half inch gap between my fenders and doors, my hood is rubbing on the top of my fenders and causing the paint to wear off and between my headlights and fender is another half inch gap. these things might be minor but I'm all about details and want to fix em.

PROJECT: I'm putting a BUDDY CLUB 2 kit on my car. To match it i'm throwing in a "N1 Carbon Fiber Hood" and "Type X F1 Racing Fenders."

QUESTION: I'm just curious if anyone has any pointers to throw at me about the gaps in my frontend conversion (how to reduce the gaps more or less). Also since I'm replacing the fenders all together I'll have to recut and bend, etc. What material is easiest to work with? Sheet metal fenders, fiberglass fenders, etc?? Anything to make this project a lil' smoother.

Thanks in advance,

Marquesâ„¢

well I would throw it all out and start again. Check the rad support then check the light baskets. Then mount the hood, and fenders, loosely so they can me moved. Them shim the gaps the best you can get them, them mark where you need to add or subtract metal. Use meatl it is way easier to work on

Ya my first thought was to strip the frontend down and start all over... just needed someone else to say it for me. Thanks and I'll keep all these in mind.

Marques™

Another Question: is it easier to use a '00 fender liner and adjust that to fit this conversion or the '95? I'm not sure which one they used originally for this project, but it isn't flush with the front bumper or fenders. Thanks to anyone that has some insight to share.

Marques™

Back