1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

95 DX Coupe wont start now

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Jay1031, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Jay1031

Jay1031 New Member

Just checking for some advice on this issue, I have had this car for about a year now and I parked it about six months ago due to no AC.
    Wednesday I put it on a charger and let it sit over night,

The battery is now fully charged and the engine is cranking, but it won't turn over. I took the first spark plug cable off and there was alot of oil inside the port hole. I wiped as much as I could off and placed it back on.
    I took the distributor cap off and I checked for wear and tear. It looked really good.
    Could this have anything to do with the problem?? I have a Viper alarm system hooked up as well with remote start. I read a few threads talking about a relay issue. ??

I had my grandfather push me up to 20 and tried to pop the clutch. It sounded like it was trying to start but its just not getting something. I could smell fuel a few times during this process.

I checked the fluids they look good as well. We are working on it tomorrow and I am pretty sure the first the we are going to do is check the fuel pump. I left almost a full tank of gas in it whenever I parked it.

I drove from Boston to Dallas with no issues and then for about a month when I got to Dallas. Then I parked it. If you can help that would be awesome and I would much appreciate the guidance.
  2. hondafreak513

hondafreak513 New Member

O hi O
    Replace the wires and plugs, After you replace the valve cover gasket and spark plug seals...
  3. serrilion

serrilion In my own little world! VIP

sounds like ya dizzy mite have Sh** the bed on you
  4. 99sidude

99sidude Moderator Moderator VIP

Sounds like a dizzy to me too. Just for shits, check all of the ground wires. One time the ground that goes to the thermostat housing got loose and I had the same no start situation you are seeing.
Draft saved Draft deleted