'95 DX with D16Z6...which O2 sensor?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DuronClocker

I've got a '95 DX that I put a D16Z6/5spd into. Swapped harness/PCM, etc. Has been running fine for the last 7-8k miles, 32-33mpg around town with the stock wheels back on it now, but am looking to see if I can squeeze a little more MPG out of it....starting with the oxygen sensor that I believe has 170k miles on it.

When I swapped the motor in, I think that I re-used the oxygen sensor off of the 1.5... if that's possible. The sensor in the car now is definitely a 4-wire. If the DX is a 4-wire, I'm pretty sure I re-used it. If the DX is a 1-wire and the EX is a 4-wire, then this whole post is useless. Now that I'm looking to buy a replacement at the parts store, they have different part numbers for the DX 1.5 and the EX 1.6. The units I see on eBay and other sites all list the same sensor for both motors (obviously the VX and maybe CX use different ones, that I can understand). Autozone lists two different ones for the EX model as well, one at 18.5" and one for 22.5" saying customer choice.

I may be turbo'ing the car soon as well...would I need the sensor with the longer wires then? If not, I'll just buy the cheaper one. If I'll definitely need the extra 4" of wire once the turbo is on, then I guess I'm better off spending the extra $20 now instead of $60 now and $80 later.

DX (unknown length), $60
EX (18.5"), $81
EX (22.5"), $80

Back