95 DX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Pewble

im thinking about adding crower stroker kit to a GS-R motor and putting it up to 2.1 Liters instead of the 1797cc. stock motor , and maybe then supercharging it. ( with cams crane stage 2 cams and port the head out) Is there any problems with stroking a GS-R motor , like will i still have sleeves for the pistons? someone told me it can be a bad idea.

Also, i was wondering what the redline is on a stock prelude motor and maybe a lude motor with Type-S or equivalent cams and ported out.

THanks!

I belive the stock prelude redline would be 8,000rpm, I have a jap spec h22a thats what i redline at with the original ecu. The type-S i believe is alittle higher redline.

stroker kits are not worth the extra loot that they cost.

If you want liters and plan on boosting anyways then resleeve your motor to 84.5 and go from there. That way you will be upgrading your sleeves to hold more boost and replacing your pistons and rods with stonger units.

Milan

My opinion on stroker kits , if ur not an all out super dooper drag racer...its a waste of money, might as well sell ur gsr motor and upgrade to a h22, same freaking amount of pain in the ass to do the stroker kit and a h22 into a gsr anyways or civic chassis for that matter. Better off boosting or nitrous or bullet proofing ur block and upgradin to high compression pistons.

word up. thanks ill just supercharge a stock b16 or b18 ... well cams and porting actually... but yea

Originally posted by JDMilan@Sep 3 2003, 06:02 PM
stroker kits are not worth the extra loot that they cost.

If you want liters and plan on boosting anyways then resleeve your motor to 84.5 and go from there. That way you will be upgrading your sleeves to hold more boost and replacing your pistons and rods with stonger units.

Milan

actually, boring out to 84.5 isn't going to make that much more power. Stroke is where a car makes more torque, which ultimatly makes HP, thats why stroking a motor produces far and away better results than just boring it out.

I do agree though that he should forget about stroking the motor. To much money, and becuase of the extreme rod stroke ratio of the 2.1, he wouldn't be able to rev much past 8000 rpm, and with most cams, that is going to be where you make power.

My 0.02, resleeve the block, and keep the ideal R/S ratio of the B18C motor. Boost the hell out of it, and you'll be smoking most cars out there.....

Back