1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

95 f22b1 swap into 97 obd2.

Discussion in 'Accord' started by Jdmtim44, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Jdmtim44

Jdmtim44 New Member

I have a blown OBD2 f22b1 vtec.Just bought a OBD1 f22b1 vtec and have both harnesses. Wanna keep my obd2 harness and run with OBD1 engine. Is it possible? Where do I begin? Please help

2. Jdmtim44

Jdmtim44 New Member

Also OBD1 harness is messed up. Came that way

3. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

Iirc the sensors on the head and block are different so is the head/intake/distributor , a obd2 f22 can be had very cheap just resell the obd1 swap and get the correct one, you dont want to put a even older engine in, and while you have it out change the intake manifold gasket, timing belt/water pump, valve cover gasket/oil pan gasket, you dont want to put a motor in and have it leak/break

4. Jdmtim44

Jdmtim44 New Member

So what do I gotta change for this to work. I already have the setup don’t wanna go and sell it just wanna get it done.

5. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

You cant unless you convert your car to obd1 , which would be dumb and if you have inspections 110% wont pass, again the obd2 motor has more and different sensors , again do your research before buying you need the correct swap... end of discussion

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted