95 GSI on its way

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Gekko

Gday guys,

First time post, i just found this site..... very nice. Anyways, at the end of this year, i'm planning on comming over to the states for a few months. I currently have a 95 GSI Integra, with basic mods, exhaust, POD ect ect.

My question is, if i bring my car over, where is the best place to take it to get modded? I'll be driving from New York to LA... so i can pretty much go anywhere i want. I was thinking of getting a turbo in it since Nitrious is illegal here.

Anyways, any sujestions for places that i can check out on my way through... or even best places to buy a new teggy over there if i sell mine b4 i come over. Let me know guys.

wait... 95 GSI?? I'm lost.

If you bring the car over you'd have to get it legalized first. Then you'd have to buy the tags, registration, etc. It'd be cheaper to just sell the GSI and buy a GSR over here.

Oh yeah, welcome to the site, and have fun in the states....just stay away from Connecticut and California. :p

What are your compliance laws like over there? The biggest problem i could see is that my car is Right Hand Drive. I know movies are mostly bullshit, but The GTR in 2 fast 2 furious was also right hand drive so i figure maybe there are ways around it :) ...

Here are pics,

http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index....D=6&entryID=495

Also, down here alot of things are illegal.... Neon lights under car, NOS, ect ect the list goes on.... what are the laws like over there for mods?

Love the rims and the car itself. Very nice...So basically the GSI is the same as a GSR I take it... ok.

Well, the RHD thing really isn't a big deal. it'd be easier to drive and take corners, plus people won't look at you weird if you have a LHD car here. :p

The thing is you'd have to be sure that the EPA would make your car emissions legal for the states and teh USDOT would need to be sure your car is legal for ride height, tint, right type of material (glass and whatnot), etc, etc.

Good luck getting it in. If it was an easy thing to do then a lot of us would be importing skylines into the US instead of going through motorex.

Originally posted by Jeef@Jan 4 2004, 11:21 AM
Good luck getting it in. If it was an easy thing to do then a lot of us would be importing skylines into the US instead of going through motorex.

:werd:, :werd:, & :werd: like a crazy Mofo...I think half of us on this board would give up our cars for a Skyline R34 Vspec. :lol:

Back