95 hatch with obd1 b16 and now changing to obd2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hatcher

i have a 95 hatchback with a obd1 b16 motor. i can get a hold of a 99 obd2 gsr complete swap for cheap. will it be hard to swap it in?? what will i have to do, if u know can u give me good details. thanks

You want me to install it for you too???

OBD2 GSR swaps in a OBD1 car are no problem at all. You will only need to rewire the IAB's if you want them to work properly using a OBD1 ecu.

Trust me, stick w/ OBD 1 on the swap. Change the wiring harness from the B16 to the B18C1 and the hard wire in the IAB.

If you go OBD2 I think you will hate it down the road.

EDIT:
BTW all the mounts off of the B16 will work.

thanks for the replys so far. i know putting in the motor would be easy but the wiring i am confused. can i just use obd1 harness or do i have to use the obd2 harness?? will it put straight up in the obd1 car??? i thought all u have to do was put a obd1 distrubuter on and plug all the obd1 stuff on. then it would be "plug and play"???

IAB??? WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE, I THOUGHT ALL U NEED TO DO WAS CHANGE THE WIRE A20 TO A17???

i will be using a obd2 harness. what distrubuter will i be using(obd1 or obd2). other than that, i got everything down. i staying obd1 using an p28 or should i go out and buy a obd 1 p72??

stay obd1 its a lot more bolt-on friendly
no need to change distributor or alternator just change the plugs on them to obd1 if u have an old obd1 dist. and alt. this works great it did for me. try to find a bad dist. and alt. from someone you'll save some money!
also the fuel injector plugs, if u have an obd2 harness still on the 99 motor just cut the plugs the off injectors (leave some slack) and wire them in to the obd1 harness
go with the p28 and get it chipped for the IAB scondaries and new rev limiter, p72's are high! or if u have some xtra money get a skunk2 manifold and don't worry about the secondaries
r u using the p30 on the b16 cause its pretty much the same as the p28 but better u can do the same to the p30 as to the p28

Back