95 integra h22a questions.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stormy96

i have a 95 intega with a 94 jdm h22a out of a prelude in japan. it has lsd 5 speed on it and the speedometer only works when i take a left turn as soon as i go straight again it drops to 0. also vtec wont work unless im taking a feft turn.. im thinking because the ecu thinks im stopped. where should i start? im thinking the speed sensor? where is it locaed? i found what looks like it could be the sensor on the back top of the trany. any help would be appriciated. btw im new to the forum.

VSS, vehicle speed sensor is located on the top rear of the transmission
could be the sensor, but more than likely its the wires going to it that make/break depending on the force from the turn
check for butt connectors, dirty connections or loose wires

you have any pictures of what one would look like? i think i have a fiar shot of guessing as there isnt much on the tob back of it haha. looks like it could be a pain to get out tho. and the force of the turn doesnt matter to much. if you are just coasting at like 5mph you can see the needle jump a little bit. also if im crusing down the freeway at like 3krpm in 5th gear it bounces back and forthe between 10 and 20 mph. think its a bad sensor?

ok i tried a new vss and no dice... same thing. do you thing it could be the gauge itself? im lost on this thing. i dont think its wires because it would read 0 all the time then. what do you guys think?

could the the cluster? or the plugs not all the way in on the back of the cluster?

i was thinking a wire issue cause i don't know what else could move when going around a left hand turn
did you use a VSS for the H22 trans or for the B18 trans?
could be different sized gears or something but i think not.

Last edited:
i used a new vss for the h22a trans. and if it where just different gears then the speedo would work but it would be inaccurate... i think im going to try and run some jumper wires from the vss to the back of the cluster and see what happens. if it works then i got a few hours of redoing wirse... if not then i need a new cluster.

so i tried a new cluster and i still have the same problem. im going to guess its a wireing issue then? any other ideas?

Back