95 LS MOTOR INTO 97 CIVIC EX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

whos_the_master

HELLO I HAVE A WIRING QUESTION FOR ALL YOU SWAP MASTERS!!!!!!!!

I JUST GOT A 95 LS MOTOR. AND I'M TRYING TO SWAP IT INTO MY 97 CIVIC EX. I"M NOT SURE WITCH WIRE HARNESS DO i USE??? I DONT HAVE THE 95 LS HARNESS, BUT I DO HAVE A 91 LS HARNESS. FROM A WHILE AGO. BUT HOW DO I USE MY CIVIC EX HARNESS?? AND IF NOT WITCH ONE DO I USE??? I ALSO HAVE A 95 LS SPOON ECU .

TURN OFF THE DAMN CAPSLOCK, IT'S ANNOYING!!!iii!!!

You're not going to have fun putting that motor in, for one the plugs are wrong and the OBD II harness won't work on the OBD I motor. You'll need to use OBD II injectors, distributor, etc...so you can plug in the EX harness.

Originally posted by whos_the_master@Sep 1 2004, 01:58 AM
SO WHAT DO I USE EXACT????

WHAT DO I DO..

USE THEEX HARNESS BUT THEN WHAT???????
[post=384628]Quoted post[/post]​

Turn Caps OFF

OK...OK...ok now caps are off.. :)

Can anyone help me with this.Do I use the 96 civic ex wireharness.Or do I just buy another harness. And if yes how do I use the 96 EX harness???

Throw the 91 LS harness away, it is completely useless.

Use the plugs from the 95 motors harness, and replace the ones on your EX harness (you will be keeping and using the EX harness) that don't plug in, which will be a few. Try to find a 96-98 LS ECU so it will plug right in, or you're going to have to buy a conversion harness to plug in an OBD I ECU.

Will I come across any check engine lights??

Or problems that I should look out for doing this swap??????????

ok i had a b18b in a ek. this is what i done. run your ex harness and injectors (yes they are the same size) and change the plug from your ex dizzy to the ls dizzy or find a b20 dizzy and use it i used a b20 dizzy. and you will also need a obd2 to obd1 adapter harness and you will be up and running

Originally posted by 97hatch@Sep 4 2004, 12:48 AM
ok i had a b18b in a ek. this is what i done. run your ex harness and injectors (yes they are the same size) and change the plug from your ex dizzy to the ls dizzy or find a b20 dizzy and use it i used a b20 dizzy. and you will also need a obd2 to obd1 adapter harness and you will be up and running
[post=385871]Quoted post[/post]​

Didn't I just say this?

I would like to know what rear mount or bracket do I use? I have
a 94 LS that I am putting in a 97 DX HB,I have the left side mount braket from the 00 si. The problem is I am using an automatic tranny,
I know if you using a 5 speed tranny use the rear 00 si mount bracket.

Back