95 obd1 With b16a2???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95DOCHB16

I have a 1995 Civic EX 5-speed. I put in a 1999 B16a2 from a Civic Si. My alternator has went out on me 2 times. My friend has had no problems what so ever when he had this motor. The one I have in now if from the Honda dealership. Yet, my battery still runs dead within 30 minutes of running. I cut and spilced my stock obd1 harness with the obd2 connectors for the alternator, distributor and something else. What could be the cause of my alternator not charging my battery. Thanks a lot!!!! :unsure: :unsure:

Start with the basics:

- Check for loose connection
- Check your grounds make sure they are not corroded
- Take your battery to your local auto parts store, and have them
test it (its free)

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Feb 6 2005, 02:29 PM
Start with the basics:

- Check for loose connection
- Check your grounds make sure they are not corroded
- Take your battery to your local auto parts store, and have them
test it (its free)
[post=457125]Quoted post[/post]​

I jsut got a new battery when I got the alternator...

return the aternator (if its returnable)

Get an obd1 alternator... (del sol DOHV VTEC, 94-95 Integra) I'm positive the problem is in you're wiring.

I actually used my D series alernator because I didn't want to spend extra $$$ on the B series one.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Feb 6 2005, 02:40 PM
return the aternator (if its returnable)

Get an obd1 alternator... (del sol DOHV VTEC, 94-95 Integra) I'm positive the problem is in you're wiring.

I actually used my D series alernator because I didn't want to spend extra $$$ on the B series one.
[post=457130]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't have the obd1 connector anymore.... :(

My Vtec will cut ina and out too. When i frist let my car warm up it will work fine but after hitting it 3-5 times it won't work. It will be all motor with no Vtec. The wires for that is right. When I pull the ECU fuse and wait a couple of seconds and hook it back up it will work 2 times maybe then I have to do it all over again. What could be the problem??? My ECU not begin chipped??? It is a P28.

first, check the alternator before you go buying this and that and the other thing..

get out your multi meter, put it to DC volts on a 20 Volt scale, with the car running on jack stands, lay underneath and put hte red lead on the plus terminal (the nut)on the back of the alty. put the black lead to a good ground. if its not good the volatge will read lower, so try a few different spots until you see the highest reading of voltage. you should see in the 14s. next check battery volatge with teh car running at hte top of the two battery terminals. should see mid 14s again, if it is lower at the battery you have a corroded or shorted to ground wire between the alternator and the battery. thats where i would start. give that a shot, takes 2 secs. :)

Back