95si swap help?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i want to swap out my 95si with a b-series. will i want a b16a2 or b16a1?
will an ls swap be easy even though i have vtec right now?
aprox how much will the b-series swap be?

-All these swaps are easy to do but going with the B16A2 is a lot easier just because it has hydro tranny just like the 95's do.

-The B16A1 has a cable tranny and is compatible but you will need a cable clutch converter, something like that.

-The LS will work out fine also.

--Hope this helps.

Originally posted by xionger1@Oct 24 2003, 08:45 PM
-The B16A1 has a cable tranny and is compatible but you will need a cable clutch converter, something like that.

If doling out info, you need to include a VERY important part, that it is the WRONG OBD, and will need a bit (ok a lot) of rewiring to run. Along with the cable to hydraulic tranny conversion.

Just get a 92-95 JDM B16A, it is easy, and has good power, but if you want a real nice boost in power and a fun drive around town go ith a 94-95 GSR B18C1.

Don't swap a b16, use either a b18b1 or b18c1. just for the extra 12 lbs of torque. torque is hard to get unless forced induction is involved, and b18's have more potential then a b16 anyway.

i did a b18b1 in my cx with a 00 si trans im happy with it but since your already wired for vtec i would go b18c1, have fun. also i spent about 1000 dollars and it was well worth it, shop around and find the best prices, also check local junk yards there gold mines

I got my b18b1 for $910 with tranny, miscellaneous parts cost around 400 or so. Junkyards suck near me, they just throw away shift linkage, throttle position sensors, motor mounts, and ecus. That doesn't leave shit for me.

so is a b16a2 an odb1 or odb2? also, i found a b18b1 out of a 95 teg. will i need to "dewire" vtec or anything like that.
how do i find a b16 jdm?

sure the extra hp from the b16 isn't better than the tourque from the b18?
i had to change axles in my 94 dx when i wapped in a b18b1, will i need to swap axels if i put in a b16 in my civic?

Back