96 accord lx...95 h22a swap code reader problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

D1PSET

My 96 accord (manual) has a 95 h22a and all the senors work and the car runs fine. It has the 3J0 ecu in it but wen i plug the code reader in the obd connector it doesnt communicate with the computer. What can the problem be????

because 96+ cars are OBD2 and 95 H22 is OBD1 and 3J0(p13) ECU is OBD1 too...
So it makes your OBD2 connector useless because you can't read OBD1 ECU through OBD2 connector, so you just have to go old fashion way, like for any other OBD1 ECU, jump 2pin blue connector next to glove box, turn ignition on and count flushes from "check engine" light, long flushes is 10 and short is 1(2long + 3short=code23 or whatever you got) it will be 3-5sec(dont remember) pause between codes

i could also buy the proper obd connector for the module right? What exactly would i have to do to wire this obd issue properly. I can buy an obd2 adapter for my ecu?

no you can't buy or rewire anything if its obd1 it will stay that way and same for obd2 unless you will find OBD2 ECU which will work with OBD1 h22a engine and harness

Back