96 and up civic swap???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Niskyspy

Shshshs!!!. I used search but it didnt work, I looked through some pages but could find any info that I need.

My question is what engine can I swap into CIVIC 96 and UP (not including B18B, B18C1, B18C5, B16) cuz I dont want to do any of that specaial mounting shit and I dont want to spend thousands of dollars on the eingine with tranny, axles, shift linkage and shit like that. I just want to change the engine because my engine is running pretty crapy lately. One of my ideas is D17 swap but I dont know if that's possible??? IF any one did a D series swap into 96 and up civic please tell me what engine you used and was there any modifications required.
Thank you for your help...

well if you have a 96-00 civic and it is not a 99si or 00si then you have a d sereies engine already all you need to do is take the d16 out and put a new one in as far as a d17 i am not sure the more i look at it the more different it is get yourself a sohc vtec d16 engine and you can use your old tranny axles and mounts

D17 has more torque and stuff and is easyer to find with low milage on it. D16 are pretty hard to find.Cuz I want JDM version of D16. If any one knows of a website where they sell D16 Vtec OBD2 please let me know.

If you want to keep within the same hp levels, why would you want to swap in the first place?

hmotors.com sells D series motors too, if you don't want a B series just get a tune up and build on your D series.

Back