96 civic coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

austin20110

I'm pretty sure this is the right fourm for these questions if not im sorry! lol
But just picked up a 1996 civic coupe from a dealership and i wanna be fast lol. I was think of doing a b16b or a b18c5 swap and then boosting it. Has anyone done this swap and ran into any problems, maybe advise not to do it. Now I know im asking alot of stuff that should be in diffrent forums but dont like to bounce around and around.

But not a complete noob...

I was wondering where everyone gets their engines for swaps because like hell i wanna pay like 3 to 5 grand online. I know jdm engineering sucks... buddy got a 2jz off them and had rod knock like you wouldnt belive.

But thanks for the help guys!!

Austin

Yeah, wrong forum. This area is actually for 01+ Civics. You want the one above this.

As for your other questions, if you're planning on boosting, I'd skip the Type R motors. An LS or GS-R engine would cost a bit less, but would still be potent with forced induction, plus, the compression will be a bit lower, so you'll have a bit more room for error when it comes to tuning and boost. If you boost on a high-compression Type R engine then it needs to be tuned impeccably.

As for where to buy, try: Specializing in JDM-USDM Engines & Parts...hmotorsonline.com

Why don't you first tell us how much you're going to spend. Are you going to be doing this yourself? Do you even have any idea on how to swap the motor in it yourself?

However much it takes to get it done bro lol. No need to be a dick about it though lol.. but yea me and a buddy are going to do it and before you start hatin on him he knows what he's doing his not some 17 year old with a torque wrench.

Back