96 Dx Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RejecK

I have a 1996 Civic Dx. I blew the motor out and had it switched over to a manual transmission and to a D16 from a 97 Civic Ex. (lack of funds and needed engine with the quickness) But lately I have been looking into another enigne swap. I am not going to be doing any hardcore racing or anything along them lines but I would like to atleast have a chance when I do race. Bascially I want something with alot more kick and something with a reasonable price. I will not be doing the actual swap but I do not want to rely on the person doing the swap to make another choice for me. Thanks in advance for any help.

if u just want an engine that would give you some more kick, you could just get a b18b. getting this always you to do upgrades later on. the engine is cheap and down the road if u decide u want vtec do the ls/vtec and if you decide to go turbo the compression on the ls is prime for the trubo, the largest other then the crv to my understanding. if you want the vtec to start off with look in to getting a b16a2 out of the 99-00 civic si make sure it is out of the si otherwise it won't match up to your obd.

ls with a b16 tranny
or a straight b16 will suit you well.

Thank you for the advice, I have 1 more question though. I am not going to be doing the actual swap like I said but I would just like to know if a B16 would be hard or any problems for it that i need to plan ahead for? I want to try and keep it simple as possible for the guy who will be putting it in since chances are he will do it for free or very cheap like with the last swap.

Thanks
RejecK

Back