96 Ek Swap Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

word

got the swap done, a b16 in a 96 ek, been running around for about 3000 miles now,

i am using non obd2 injectors because they were free at the time (injectors + wiring plugs) on my motor, and right now its running lean in one spot (around 3000 rpm and under 50% throttle) and one spot only with the stock ecu. could this be the cause and will it cause anymore problems later down the road?

also,
i have a CEL for my IAVC, but the motor idles great when its hot and if i were to unplug the IAVC with the engine running the engine would die out so i am assuming that it is giving out readings. any possible explanations? (i'm not exactly sure what the sensor does). maybe this is the cause for the 3000 rpm stutter..? :ph34r:

i spoke to a friend who said he had the same stutter on his turboed motor and it was because of his MAP sensor, but i know that wouldn't be my case because the pressure couldn't be that high for a NA motor.

thanks

ttt, here i go again

< :cliffs: >

does having wrong obd injectors effect the way the engine runs??

&

IAV sensor, what does it do??

/ < :cliffs: >

thanks

Back