96 H22 into 96 accord LX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kyle21nluvnit

Hey people I am going to need all the help i can get. First off I am an experienced professional mechanic and I will be doing this swap with a very good friend who is also a master mechanic, but we dont work on honda's. My accord has transmission problems so I bought a complete H22 from a 96 prelude to swap. This came with the engine and trans still together all the hoses, sensors, wiring harness, ecu, motor mounts, accesories, half shafts and intermediate shafts, intake tract and filter housing and all kinds of little brackets and goodies. I had a civic that I did a B series swap on so im not totally a newbie. I know this is pretty much a drop in but there are some specific things that must be done to the wiring harness and other systems. Could anyone fill me in on these specifics or a link with the information? All help is greatly appreciated in advance.

Kyle
P.S. if you need help on any mercedes or nissans ask away

More questions after researching. It looks like im supposed to use the accord harness for the swap and have to switch some pins in the ecu connector, extend some sensor harnesses, run the vtec harness and modify the motor mounts. I feel comfortable doing all this, can I fabricate the vtec harness from the prelude harness? Which pins need to be switched in the ECU connector? I think I can figure out where to stretch the harness.

I could sit hear and type all night about h22 swaps. I would type more as I usaully do :)

Heres a link that will answer any and all your questions about the swap . Reading is the best thing before a motor swap never preformed.

I know your not going to have to get different mounts.

Aight I ll type later .. .

Just for your car

Accord Chassis with H22 Engine - Tech - Sport

Yea I found that site this morning thanks though. It looks like the wiring is pretty easy I have rebuilt wrecked harnesses so this I can handle. We are going to start tackling this tomorrow night so I will post pics when we finish probably sat or sun since we both work full time. Thanks for the help and any little tidbits that might help just throw them my way.

hey just found out that the motor and stuff didnt come out of a 96 but 93 prelude. This is OBD1 and my car is OBD2 can I still do the swap?

yeah , just need a conversion harness . obd1-obd2. Price is like 75-100 bux. Plugs right up to the ecu and harness.

Back