1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

96 Ls Motor ----> 94 Chassis Help!

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by bitzbp, May 6, 2003.

1. bitzbp

bitzbp Junior Member

I am putting a 96 teg LS M/T drivetrain(obdII) into a 94 LS A/T (obdI) car what do I need to do to get these to work together? I would like to go with OBDI of course, so can someone please let me know what needs to be changed? Can I still use the Auto ECU or is it better to get a M/T obdI ECU?

I have been searching and not found the correct info, someone please help. I have heard that the injectors and dist. from the obdII car will NOT work with the OBDI ecu. I need clarification on what to do before I fry something!!!

2. SolReaver

SolReaver Senior Member

they will work with the obd1 ecu

and get i think you can mod the auto ecu to make it work with a manual tranny

3. bitzbp

bitzbp Junior Member

Ok so theres no need to change anything on the motor? I can just leave the OBDII engine harness on the motor? I should just drop the 96 OBDII motor in the OBDI chassis and plug the engine harnesses in?

I'm a little uneasy about this. If this is not correct please let me know.

4. AllMotorMonster

AllMotorMonster Senior Member

Sorry, in my PM to you I failed to mention you will need to have the ECU converted from Auto to Manual.

You will also need to chip it with either a stock manual program, or some aftermarket one.

The stock programming on the 94-95 Integra is mapped differently between Auto and Manual.

So if you're doing a manual swap on your 94 auto, you'll need to modify the ecu.

5. SolReaver

SolReaver Senior Member

yep do that

6. bitzbp

bitzbp Junior Member

Thanks for the help. The car should still start and run with the AUTO ECU though right? Just to make sure everything is workin. T

he motor is actually a M62 JRSC LS so I'm gonna have to chip it with a stock program unless someone makes a chip thats better for a setup like mine (I know the ECU can't be made to see boost, but I was thinking of just a setup with less timing advance and more fuel then stock) I have read some stuff about the Uberchip? which seems pretty promising, but I'm trying to stay away from the AEM or Hondata for a while till I can recover some money.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted