96 Ls Motor ----> 94 Chassis Help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bitzbp

I am putting a 96 teg LS M/T drivetrain(obdII) into a 94 LS A/T (obdI) car what do I need to do to get these to work together? I would like to go with OBDI of course, so can someone please let me know what needs to be changed? Can I still use the Auto ECU or is it better to get a M/T obdI ECU?

I have been searching and not found the correct info, someone please help. I have heard that the injectors and dist. from the obdII car will NOT work with the OBDI ecu. I need clarification on what to do before I fry something!!!

Originally posted by bitzbp@May 5 2003, 11:52 PM

I have been searching and not found the correct info, someone please help. I have heard that the injectors and dist. from the obdII car will NOT work with the OBDI ecu.

they will work with the obd1 ecu

and get i think you can mod the auto ecu to make it work with a manual tranny

Ok so theres no need to change anything on the motor? I can just leave the OBDII engine harness on the motor? I should just drop the 96 OBDII motor in the OBDI chassis and plug the engine harnesses in?

I'm a little uneasy about this. If this is not correct please let me know.

Originally posted by bitzbp@May 6 2003, 12:11 AM
Ok so theres no need to change anything on the motor? I can just leave the OBDII engine harness on the motor? I should just drop the 96 OBDII motor in the OBDI chassis and plug the engine harnesses in?

Sorry, in my PM to you I failed to mention you will need to have the ECU converted from Auto to Manual.

You will also need to chip it with either a stock manual program, or some aftermarket one.

The stock programming on the 94-95 Integra is mapped differently between Auto and Manual.

So if you're doing a manual swap on your 94 auto, you'll need to modify the ecu.

Originally posted by bitzbp@May 6 2003, 12:11 AM

yep do that

Thanks for the help. The car should still start and run with the AUTO ECU though right? Just to make sure everything is workin. T

he motor is actually a M62 JRSC LS so I'm gonna have to chip it with a stock program unless someone makes a chip thats better for a setup like mine (I know the ECU can't be made to see boost, but I was thinking of just a setup with less timing advance and more fuel then stock) I have read some stuff about the Uberchip? which seems pretty promising, but I'm trying to stay away from the AEM or Hondata for a while till I can recover some money.

Back