96 Prelude H23A

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cgilliam

Background i just picked up a 96 prelude that has a broke timing belt for 600 bux. I am planning on puttin a belt on it and see what kind of damage there is to the values and stuff... But, since this engine is extremely hard to find for a 96.... I was wondering what my options are? JDM replacement? Rebuild the engine myself? I think the h23 has about 160hp, wouldn't mind getting a little more when i am finished... Any Thoughts and options will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks guys...

Quoted post[/post]]
http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000se...page&item=30017

3600 bucks

btw, dont post twice, and this belongs in the Accord/Prelude swap forum. Dont post again. one of the mods will move it.

Ouch!!!... I was told that in order to make the H22A work, i would have to have an ECU out of an 96 prelude only? Do you know if this is true? The engine above comes with 5sp manual, could i bolt it too my automatic trans?

Sorry bout the double post, just trying to find a solution. Thanks for the advice

naw, you can have any ecu from a 96-2001 non ATTS. the fuel map might be a lil off, but other than that you should be okay.

i didnt realize you had an auto tranny. you can get an H22 from Hmotorsonline as well, i think they have OBD2 engines too. see if they can get you an AT ECU to go with it. if you can, youll be set.

Back