1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

96 Prelude H23A

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by cgilliam, Feb 21, 2006.

1. cgilliam

cgilliam Junior Member

Background i just picked up a 96 prelude that has a broke timing belt for 600 bux. I am planning on puttin a belt on it and see what kind of damage there is to the values and stuff... But, since this engine is extremely hard to find for a 96.... I was wondering what my options are? JDM replacement? Rebuild the engine myself? I think the h23 has about 160hp, wouldn't mind getting a little more when i am finished... Any Thoughts and options will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks guys...

2. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

get a JDM type S...its obd 2 :)

3. cgilliam

cgilliam Junior Member

Not heard of a JDM Type S. Hmm Will it bolt right in without any coversion? Where can I get one of these? and How much is that going to cost me?

Thanks for the help

4. reikoshea

5. cgilliam

cgilliam Junior Member

Ouch!!!... I was told that in order to make the H22A work, i would have to have an ECU out of an 96 prelude only? Do you know if this is true? The engine above comes with 5sp manual, could i bolt it too my automatic trans?

Sorry bout the double post, just trying to find a solution. Thanks for the advice

6. reikoshea

naw, you can have any ecu from a 96-2001 non ATTS. the fuel map might be a lil off, but other than that you should be okay.

i didnt realize you had an auto tranny. you can get an H22 from Hmotorsonline as well, i think they have OBD2 engines too. see if they can get you an AT ECU to go with it. if you can, youll be set.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted