96 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hello all ,

im new at this import thing. build the hell out of a 350 but wanna try an import ....heres what i have a 96 civic ex 4 door with a blown d16y8 ...whats the best swap for the money ...wanna keep it a sleeper but go fast as hell.....WILL SPEND MONEY
i was thinking a h22, i've been looking around and that doesn't seem bad, but i've come to the pro's for help...so whats it gonna be :eek:

Welcome to the site! Check out the tech forums and see what some of your viable options are. Swapping an h22 into a civic is a hell of a lot of work. It isn't just the money its the time and technical know how as well.

i've been looking around and notice some are going with the h22 and others are going with the b18 motors ....trying to find the pretty much easiest way to smoke theses a@@ holes in the 5.0's in my neighborhood ....im getting so sick of it .....and the smacked a@@ down the street from me with an s-10 with a small block in it crying about no replacement for displacement......help so i can sit back and laugh while my kids sit and the back and flip them the bird as i roll by

a h22a in a civic will drop in with mods and you will spank 99% of stock mustangs even the ones with bolt ons you will spank

okay ......help where do i start with the h22 swap .....i know i am going to be asking alot of questions but .....you guys here seem to know what to do ...i have the ability to do it and the common sense but not all the knowledge ....like i said i can build the shit out of a carbd 350 (old school) but i want to learn about the import stuff ...........so any help from anybody who knows what they are talking about will be greatly apprciated

thanks again

you will need motor and tranny, motor mounts,90-93 accord intermedte shaft. 90-93 accord fuel rail, 90-93 integra axles,ecu,92+ prelude or 94+accord shit linkage and shifter asembly. slim line fan or cut the stock to fit.

what would be the prime year motor to get i found one on ebay for 2299.00 with mounts , shafts , harness, ecu, etc etc etc

ebay item #170100399704

check this out and let me know if i am going in the right direction ....

oh yeah what the hell is lsd trans ?

thanks i just checked it out and has all the goodies i think you posted .....

now as for the wiring harness .....what need to be changed and what doesn't ....i remeber someone telling me they make a conversion harness to change a d series to an h series but i can't remeber where or what to look for .....

you could just mod yours, but it sucks so if you have the money just got to rywire and pay them to make you a harness and it will be all plug and play

i think i found the harness at hasport, but i seems to say k-series swaps .. i am going to have to call and find out .but how much work is really involved with doing it yourself. im an electrician so the way electricity flows wouldn't be to hard for me to understand .....just less volts ....lol
thanks

Back