96 to 2000 stock civic alarm?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey everyone,

just wanted to know if I can fit a 96 to 2000 stock alarm. My hatch has no option so basiclly I will have to find a couple of auto locks off other civics. But I want to know if the alarm will work? and where can I find one for a good price besides the stealerships?

thanks

mark

hey man

you prolly dont want to use a factory alarm. it wont give you any options like shock sensors, proximity, and glass break. Just get an aftermarket one and some acuators civics are the most straight forward to install alarms in to and acuators are easy to do as well. Plus more security to stop people from taking your baby. Remember civics are the number one stolen car in north america even the ones with factory alarms.... Well good luck let us know what you decide.

well, its not about secuirty but just to get that added actuator, I was just wondering since I have all the parts all I need would be the remoted. but yeah if it doesnt work I guess I wont do it. but if it does I would love it!

Actually, the civic is like the 3rd most stolen car in North America. The camry is number one and has been for some time. Its the 1989 Camry believe it or not, its because they made so many of them and people need them for parts.

Don't Believe Me

Son of a bitch... 3. 2000 Civic...why the hell did I buy one of those? lol

Good thing I don't live in a crime infested city.

I'm pretty sure it wont work they changed wiring harnesses in 96 so stuff from 96+ wont work in anything older. As for the number one stolen car it is a civic in canada anyway i ca get the web sight when i go to work if you guys want to check it out.. the shop i work for does alot of insurance work and we got this web site from them it tells us the top 25 most stolen cars. I would just go aftermarket it would be much easier then you get some more options as well......well ttyl

the site you have to check out is icbc.com, go to auto crime and fraud, then on the right side of the page is a link to the top 25 stolen cars...camry is one of them #3 actually

The 96-2000 civic keyless entry (they don't have a true alarm) runs through the storck radio. I would just goto your local stereo shop and have them install a basic keyless entry/security system

Back