97-00 Prelude Sport Shift Auto Opinions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MaliWho97

My G/F is considering purchasing a newer prelude w/ the Sport Shift auto, but I've heard some bad things about the trannys in them. What does everyone think of them? And no, she does not want a standard so don't suggest that, thanks!

I have a sport shifter right now. I like it for everyday driving but i miss my manual! Nothing is wrong with mine yet it has worked fine. also if you need to control the rpms somewhat you can go over to the sport shift and decide when the car shifts. I have a ? about swapping the auto tranny over to a manual tranny. How hard is it, what would i need to replace and about how much $ would it cost to do?

There's nothing wrong with owning a SS Prelude other than the fact that the tranny is prone to go bad on you.

My Prelude is currently sitting up awaiting a front clip to ship from Japan so that I can do the swap over. From my understanding of the whole thing, it's not a financially easy thing to do, but it can be done. I think that my car is of much more value in manual than it is in SS.

Back