'97 B18C in my EM1. Anyone have any problems?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RedHondaSi

Long time lurker, first time poster.
My B18C(ITR) from HMO should be here in a few days(didn't want to do a build up at this time). Anyone encounter any install issues in a 99/00 SI? (Searched and nothing on EM1 swaps for this application)
I believe I have to retain my rear mount from my original(B16A2) engine? I am planning on leaving my A/C installed.
I have the OBD2.2-OBD2.1 Harness.
I would like to use my ultra-light flywheel(7.5lbs) from my CF DF clutch(have one in now, and have new one in garage). DC SS 4-1 Header still should fit even though block is slightly taller?

I am changing Water pump, Timing Belt and tensioner(I gather the USDM ones will have to work, JDM might not be available here in US, or are they one in the same?). Anything else recommended that I need to change?

Thanks for any comments/opinions.

the only problem i think you might run into is that header...possible oil pan clearance issues, but i dont know for sure. it should plug and play with your existing harness on the engine bay side of things. go ahead and drop a few dollars more and replace your rear main seal while your at it(since your gonna have the clutch off you might as well take off the flywheel) and replace oil pump seal (since your gonna have timing case and timing belt off)..you never can be too careful especially with a 4500 dollar swap in your car. seals become brittle after setting up with no oil. if it was me i would replace the cam seals as well but that is your choice theyll probably be fine. very cheap shit for peace of mind,plus you know its all new.

Back