97 EX, B18b Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECPOWER

Alright, so this winter I am taking my old car back, from my dad, buying him a new car.
So Im going to start a new project.
I plan on doing a b18b into the 97 civic ex.
Full swap from hmo.
What i need to know:
1) Will the complete changeover from hmo be everything i need?
2) I want to run obd1 for later tuning, what do I need for this task?

I will purchase the complete changeover as obd1.

get the swap as an OBD-2a
it will be easier to get everything to plug in, you wont have to dick with swapping plugs and shit (just have to lengthen a few wires)
run it OBD-2a for now
when you decide to go a little more crazy with the tune if you really want to run it OBD-1 then just get a conversion harness for the ECU and an OBD-1 ECU

the complete changeover should have everything... not 100% sure about the mounts for a 6th gen though :shrug2:

plug in an OBD-1 ECU

no
i have an OBD-2 (00 spec) B18C/R in my sol running off an OBD-1 P28 (chipped)
im using the ITR dist, the ITR injectors, and everything else... i had to swap a few of the OBD-2 plugs onto the OBD-1 harness i am using
but i am using all of the OBD-2 equipment and it runs perfectly fine off of an OBD-1 ECU

by going with the OBD-2 B18B you get a newer engine, with newer components, and you wont have to hack up your harness as much (you will have to lengthen a few wires)

Quoted post[/post]]
no
i have an OBD-2 (00 spec) B18C/R in my sol running off an OBD-1 P28 (chipped)
im using the ITR dist, the ITR injectors, and everything else... i had to swap a few of the OBD-2 plugs onto the OBD-1 harness i am using
but i am using all of the OBD-2 equipment and it runs perfectly fine off of an OBD-1 ECU

by going with the OBD-2 B18B you get a newer engine, with newer components, and you wont have to hack up your harness as much (you will have to lengthen a few wires)
Alright, thanks for the usefull info, i wan under the impression that you had to do that.
Now would you have to do that if you did it reverse?
Like obd1 ecu in obd0 car?

to run an OBD-0 car as OBD-1 you would eed to convert everything over to OBD-1 and add all of the sensors that OBD-1 looks for that OBD-0 doesnt

Back