97 LS with wheel hub issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

suddog

Hello I am new to the Tunner side of the house and I am in need of assistance. My 97 Integra is in need of new front wheel bearings. However I am not sure how to go about doing it. Do they press from the front or the back of the spindle? Autozone wants $50 for replacement wheel bearings. I have no problem paying that for a set, but I dont know what is involved in changing them.

Any body got a link or pictures on how to accomplish this task?

Also would like to know what years of manual transmissions work with my car. The transmission grinds in every gear when I shift so I am thinking my synchros are gone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure on the wheel bearings, I've never dealt with that before. For the transmission however, you're going to want a tranny from a 94+ Integra. They switched from cable to hydraulic for the third generation (94-01).

Also, any hydraulic B-series transmission will work, it doesn't necessarily have to be from an Integra.

The bearings are pressed out from the back side, and back into the spindle from the front. Once you remove the knuckle from the control arms it should be relatively obvious as to how it comes apart. If you don't have access to a hydraulic press and the proper tools I would highly recommend pulling the knuckles and having a machine shop press the bearings for you. If you don't install them correctly the first time you'll trash your new bearing and have to buy another one.

Back