97' Prelude Options

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RedCelica

Hey, my friend just got a 97' lude with a shit load of miles, and he's got a lot of cash so he wants to swap a new engine in... I would be thankful if i could get a little help on which engine (thats direct bolt-on) that has the most power... Most likely he will be installing a full turbo kit as well.. Anyone know what the best turbo would be for this setup? Thanks for all the help!

well i wouldnt swap a motor in that car. id biuld the one that is in there which is the very nice h22, rods pistons and sleeves, the usual. then go for the turbo set-up when your finished with the biulding of the internals. go with a semi-large turbo like a t4 or something of that nature. the h22 has enough exhaust gas to turn it and the h22 would love the boost. plus it would be pushing more cfm with a larger turbo. ofcourse, you would have to upgrade everything like fuel and ignition. i recommend hondata or similar. thats my .02 cents :D

Personally i like the Warner-Ishi RHB5 311A OR 393B turbos, but thats just me.

Originally posted by mwvnos@Apr 10 2003, 04:56 PM
well i wouldnt swap a motor in that car. id biuld the one that is in there which is the very nice h22, rods pistons and sleeves, the usual. then go for the turbo set-up when your finished with the biulding of the internals. go with a semi-large turbo like a t4 or something of that nature. the h22 has enough exhaust gas to turn it and the h22 would love the boost. plus it would be pushing more cfm with a larger turbo. ofcourse, you would have to upgrade everything like fuel and ignition. i recommend hondata or similar. thats my .02 cents :D

:werd: :withstupid:

No reason to swap a whole new engine.

is it the h22 tho? he didnt say anything about it being vtec....and with a turbo on the h22(if it is a h22, tho im not saying it isn't) he will need hondata of something to tune the vtec for the turbo.......

man....i had no clue..i thought they kept the same thing going with the h23...wow well now i feel like a retard..thanks dohcvtec ur stuttin me down...im gonna go cry now with my teddy bear in my lude..... :worthy:

No worries man. Now go get me a coffee, would ya?

:lol: :D

Just playin y0. They killed the H23, there wasn't much reason to keep it alive. Now the Prelude is dead altogether. :(

Back