97gsr block/b16a head in a 99 teg ls

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wickedplastikman

i have a built gsr block and a b16 a head that i am putting into my ls. i already started to pull my ls out but need a couple things cleared up before i go any farther.

first, can i use my ls wiring harness or do i need a new one?

if i use my ls harness, all i have to wire is vtec, right?

can i just unbolt the ls block and bolt in the gsr block without removing the trannie? i know i can do this with an auto but i am not sure if i can do this with a manual.

finally, does anyone have a link to the wiring diagram i will need?

thanks

Whether or not you can use the harness will depend on the year of the head.

I'd take out the tranny, it's much easier to have the room.

As far as an exact diagram, not exact, but the articles has a good guide to wiring.

Oh yea, you'll need t wire th eknock sensor, unless the ECU you're using has had that removed.

not true you can use your wiring harness from the ls the only thing i would do is change the IM and the injectors and will be good from there

Originally posted by mrnice1058@Sep 28 2004, 06:50 AM
not true you can use your wiring harness from the ls the only thing i would do is change the IM and the injectors and will be good from there
[post=395662]Quoted post[/post]​

Yea, you can spend more money, or you can rewire the whole thing, both suck. Of course now that I think about it, he never said what year his LS is, so it might not be an issue.

read the title- 99ls. lol

i have an sir head in my obd1 car. the conversion wasn't hard at all...
going to obd2, is a different story-

so, wheres what i'd do.

obd2 sucks. so get rid of it.
obd2a is what the 99 teg has, so you need a 2a->1 ecu conversion harness. plug in a USDM p30 del sol vtec ecu to that.
then, convert the head to take obd1 electronics - distributor, inejctors, alternator-

other than that, you're set.

i thought obd2a was 96-98 and obd2b is 99-01 am i wrong or is it only for the civics?

i am running an aem standalone ecu. i still have the obd2 to 1 conversion harness from my old hondata system. i dont think i should need that though, even if i convert to obd1. i am still running the 450cc injectors that i had with my hondata. i know i need an obd1 distributor but you are saying that i need a new alternator also?

Back