98 Accord with a 94??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Disstructive1

SOHC VTEC 4 LIFE!!!!!
I have a 98 accord 4 door with a F23A1 2.3L vtec with only 45,000 miles on it with a 5-Speed transmission. I have headers, cold air intake, spark plugs, wires, fields spc vtec controller, stage 2 clutch, port and polished intake manifold, test pipe and exhaust system. I want more power before i turbo the engine but someone told me that since my car is OBDII i am not getting the amount of power that i could get out of the engine. I can already spank Civics and LS Integras but i want more. I found an ecu that was chipped by skunk2 out of a 94 accord ex with a 2.2L vtec which is OBD1. If i get a conversion harness an since a f22 and f23 are very similar it should be a easy swap to gain power right? And are there any problems that may happen doin this swap? Some help and suggestions are very welcome.

Chipping the car no doubt can free up power, but it is NOT going to be a huge increase.

Turbo or NOS on that beotch will get it movin.

You have it right for tuning though, you will need an OBD2 to OBD1 harness and socketted ECU

Back