98 hx with a 97 ex engine harness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

red775

ok im a noob to this site looked for this answer and couldnt findt it. sorry if i overlooked it. so i have a 1998 civic hx shell with a 1997 civic ex engine (d16y8) engine harness also ecu (p2p). i cant figure out how to hook up the second o2 censor with this set up. i have a chipped p28 with jumper witch i only need 1 o2. i need to pass needind to run obd2 and the second o2 is the only code. i did the pin out on honda tec it it went off for a day or so and came back on can any body help me?

you shouldnt need a jumper both cars are obd2a and both are vtec. it should all just plug right up

hx to ex

dont have stock hx harness and the ex does all plug and play just no second o2 the hx has a 5 wire second 9 which is under the cat on the header) and the ex has a 4 wire (under the dash after the cat). so would i need a ex dash wirring or does anyone know how to pin it out a p2p?

yeah just do that run the wires to the correct pins on the ecu. try the reference section on here for the pinouts

o i forgot to add their is only 3 wires for the second o2 from the p2p the orther goes to a censor buy the gas tank.

Back