98+ spec jdm itr into 93 del sol si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92blackegmtx

ok just ordered my swap from hmo and ive never run a dohc before. only sohc.. i know this sounds newbish but i was wondering was wiring harness i should run. i know the jdm one wont work so which should i buy? 96+ gsr or just cut the plugs off my z6's harness? thanks for any help :D

98% of your z6 harness will work.

use that, and extend wires/cut from the jdm motor harness for the pigtail for the distributor, alternator, and injectors.

the EASIEST thing to do is to get an obd1 gsr alternator, injectors, and distributor, and a chipped p28 computer with an itr program on it. everything will plug right in (again, might need to extend a few wires to reach). but, those parts cost money.

well i am definantly chipping my p28.. but the conversion of the wiring sound easier to me.. just 6 plugs to change and thats it right?

yo're still going ot have problems on the alt. its 3 wire on the itr, and your car/ecu is set up for 2.

now what about axels? will the ones that come with the swap be the correct one? i.e. stock 98+ itr axels?

u spent a lot of money on a motor without knowing what all u need to get it up and running. oh well, most of us do that too

stock axels will work, but you may need outer joint pieces from a gsr. (basically build a hybrid axel). it depends what ones they gave you. (how many splines). try it first.

ya i did spend a lot of money but i figured if i was gunna go b series i mine as well get the best of the best. they sent me 32mm which will fit perfect ;) and i sent off both harnesses to rywire to get the combined so it will be a perfect plug and play deal.. this car is gunna be built right! also shipped off the p28 to locash racing here in phx to chipped and remapped.^_^

Back