99-00 civic conversion into 97 civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

khai_tuan_nguyen

Can i get 99-00 si or 99-00 civic ex, hx, lx tailights to directly fit my 97 civic 2 dr coupe hx? Thanks. Also what parts do i need to get the bumper to fit? And does anyone have those parts for sell trade etc?

Thanks
KHai

Hey there Mark,
I'm in Oregon. How much do you want for them? The sockets for the 97 civics are not the same for the 99-00? Can anyone confirm this? It seems that they should be the same. As for the bulbs I could just get some from Schucks or Autozone or somewhere.

Thanks

Originally posted by woo@Sep 8 2003, 01:00 PM
yes ,the lenses will fit , but you also need the 99-00 sockets and bulbs.

you dont need the sockets and bulbs. they are the same as the 96-98 ones. i put some tail lights from a 99 Civic coupe onto my 97 Civic EX coupe and had no problem and didnt have to use the bulbs or sockets.

That is what i was thinking. Cool. And what exactly do i need for the complete front end? I am getting an si front end, is it the same dimensions and bolt patterns for all 99-00 civic coupes? I am getting fenders, hood, bumper, grill and head lights. Is there anything else i need? Someone mentioned something about a radiator mount or something? Any other ideas? How easy will the front end bolt up. With all the itmes it should be just a bolt on right?

Thanks

yeah thats about all you need and everything will bnolt right on. as far as radiator mounts go...umm no you dont need those either.

Anyone know how to take the fenders off of my car? and some poeple i have seen who are going to do the conversion are talking about the radiator mount/ support? ANyone who has done this, know if i need these too or not? Thanks

I have a 97 civic coupe dx and bought a cheap bumper from someone for a 99 coupe. The bumper would have bolted up, but the grill is larger and the headlights also hit badly. Everything looked ok, but it just wouldn't fit. Since it was cheap, I took a dremel tool to the areas that were hitting, it ended up fitting but the shape just wasn't right. I know that the grills are different and the headlights must be also. Just my 2 cents. :D

Originally posted by khai_tuan_nguyen@Sep 18 2003, 04:51 PM
Anyone know how to take the fenders off of my car? and some poeple i have seen who are going to do the conversion are talking about the radiator mount/ support? ANyone who has done this, know if i need these too or not? Thanks

there are some 10 mm beats where the fenders mount on the underside of the hood. they run along the sides of the car. i believe its 5 on each side (driver and passenger). just on bolt em and slide/lift the fender off easy.

Back