1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

99-00 civic conversion into 97 civic

Discussion in 'Body / Exterior / Interior / Cosmetics' started by khai_tuan_nguyen, Sep 8, 2003.

1. khai_tuan_nguyen

khai_tuan_nguyen Senior Member

Can i get 99-00 si or 99-00 civic ex, hx, lx tailights to directly fit my 97 civic 2 dr coupe hx? Thanks. Also what parts do i need to get the bumper to fit? And does anyone have those parts for sell trade etc?

Thanks
    KHai

2. woo

woo Junior Member

yes ,the lenses will fit , but you also need the 99-00 sockets and bulbs.

3. MarkJimenez99

MarkJimenez99 Senior Member

I have a 99 front bumper and headlights. Where are you located?

4. khai_tuan_nguyen

Hey there Mark,
    I'm in Oregon. How much do you want for them? The sockets for the 97 civics are not the same for the 99-00? Can anyone confirm this? It seems that they should be the same. As for the bulbs I could just get some from Schucks or Autozone or somewhere.

Thanks

5. BodyDroppedNikes

BodyDroppedNikes ...PENDEJO.... VIP

you dont need the sockets and bulbs. they are the same as the 96-98 ones. i put some tail lights from a 99 Civic coupe onto my 97 Civic EX coupe and had no problem and didnt have to use the bulbs or sockets.

6. khai_tuan_nguyen

That is what i was thinking. Cool. And what exactly do i need for the complete front end? I am getting an si front end, is it the same dimensions and bolt patterns for all 99-00 civic coupes? I am getting fenders, hood, bumper, grill and head lights. Is there anything else i need? Someone mentioned something about a radiator mount or something? Any other ideas? How easy will the front end bolt up. With all the itmes it should be just a bolt on right?

Thanks

7. BodyDroppedNikes

yeah thats about all you need and everything will bnolt right on. as far as radiator mounts go...umm no you dont need those either.

8. khai_tuan_nguyen

anyone else know for sure all the items i need for the front end?

9. khai_tuan_nguyen

Anyone know how to take the fenders off of my car? and some poeple i have seen who are going to do the conversion are talking about the radiator mount/ support? ANyone who has done this, know if i need these too or not? Thanks

10. Wycked Sniper

Wycked Sniper Senior Member

I have a 97 civic coupe dx and bought a cheap bumper from someone for a 99 coupe. The bumper would have bolted up, but the grill is larger and the headlights also hit badly. Everything looked ok, but it just wouldn't fit. Since it was cheap, I took a dremel tool to the areas that were hitting, it ended up fitting but the shape just wasn't right. I know that the grills are different and the headlights must be also. Just my 2 cents. :D

11. BodyDroppedNikes

there are some 10 mm beats where the fenders mount on the underside of the hood. they run along the sides of the car. i believe its 5 on each side (driver and passenger). just on bolt em and slide/lift the fender off easy.

12. khai_tuan_nguyen

Thanks trailor and sniper, how about the radiator support?

Thanks

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted