99-00 front conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i am looking at buying a civic coupe, and am wanting to do the 99-00 ctr front conversion. I was wondering what the difference really is between the 96-98 and the 99-00 civic front ends. i know for the conversion you need the fenders, hood, grille, headlights, and front bumper. if there is anything else needed, or if i do not need some of these things, pleas let me know. Thanks!

I have done that conversion to my car.... mostly because the car was wrecked when I got it, and I found the 99-00 parts at a good price....( CF Hood- $150, fenders- $35ea, bumper- $25, and projector lights- $50). The only other part I would suggest is the radiator support. I did the conversion without the 99-00 radiator support. As a result I had to do more cutting and bending to get the headlights in flush. I also think that the bulbs are in slightly different positions on the 96-98 and the 99-00 as it seems rather difficult to get the bulbs out.

Best of luck in your venture...

Please post some pics when, If you end up getting the car and doing the conversion.

thanks for the help.... i'm not so sure if i'm going to do it or not anymore... the car that i was goin g to buy was from the dealer i work for. And they wanted 2500 for it with a blown motor since that's what they have invested in it. SO, if i can't get them to give it to me for a reasonable price then i'm just gonna finish my lude.

don't pay 2500 for a shell. that's a waste of money. let them get a cheap motor and pay someone to do the swap. if it was just a shell, it's only worth about $1000-1500.

that's exactly what i said..... even the salesman i had to talk to said that it was outrageous. i told them if they installed my motor i would give them that much, but they don't want to spend anymore money on it. Oh well, guess the lude will get finished.

Back