99 accord ex

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a 99 accord ex with a f23a1 in it and i want to a motor swap in it and i dont even know were to start this is my thrid honda and the one i had before this one was a 90 civic dx hatch and i sucessfully did a b18 swap in it from the d15 i had in there along with all of the wiring and conversions that had to be done but a 96 ford ranger hit me while i was going through a light wasnt my fault but that was a little off topic but anyways i have had a few of my buddys tell me that to either get rid of the car because its an automatic (but i want an auto right now)or swap a h22 into and they told me that it should be a direct bolt in

anyone have any suggestions on what i should do what motor i should swap or could i possibly put an h series head on the f23 block or would that be too much custom fabrication

Yes, an H22 is pretty much a direct swap. If you swap in an auto H22 tranny then you should have pretty decent acceleration as well, regardless of the fact that it's still a slushbox.

You can do the headswap as well, but if you have the funds I'd probably just go with the full swap. Just make sure you get an OBD2 H22. Otherwise, the wiring is going to be a headache...

Last edited:
Double post # 2, please delete! Sorry!

Last edited:
thanks and i am new to this whole thread thing so i dont know how to delete it but anywho someone told me that the h22 is aluminum alloy or something like that well the sleves are and on the f23 it is iron sleves and eventually i would like to run boost on it wouldnt the f series hold up better to boost and forged pistions than the h22

You can't delete posts, I was asking for a moderator to delete them. But yes, the F23's sleeves are iron, and the H22's sleeves are FRM, so an H22/F23 hybrid would probably stand up better to boost then just a straight H22.

How much boost do you want to run? Or, to put it another way, how much power do you want to make?

idk how much power 8-11 psi of boost would give me but i think that would be idea with gas consumption

Back