99 Accord - Gear shift indicator dash lights not working after repair

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sillysimms

As detailed in another post of mine, I just got the circuit board on my dashboard replaced after the odometer and all gauges stopped working.

When I got the car back, the gear shift indicator lights on the dash (PRN etc.) has a green light around each gear but it does not change when I move from park to drive etc. as it did before the repair.

Does anyone know what might cause this and if it is likely related to the repair done on the circuit board. I wonder if I bring it back to the dealership if they can fix it without further charge or if the change of the circuit board means I won't have this feature anymore? Thanks.

I would take it back and make them fix it for free if it was me. It was working before and now it's not.. they're liable to make it right or at least tell you what's wrong with it.

Thanks. Good advice. I was thinking about it last night and the only reason the gears are on the dash is so you can see what gear you're in and it was working before. I've made an appointment and am bringing it in next week.

There's actually another function to those lights as well.. if you ever have a problem with the transmission that sets a code it will flash the code with the light that surrounds the 'D' indicator on the instrument panel. So if it's not working you won't be able to check transmission codes either.

Thanks. Actually I didn't know that. The only good thing that has come out of my recent car problems is that I've been able to learn (a little) more about the mechanical workings of cars. I'm thinking they should be able to fix it. Maybe it's a simple wire that's not connected. Hopefully it's not a faulty circuit board, then they would have to order a new one. I'll find out on Tuesday.

Back