'99 B16 ~> Crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

aLLmOtOr

OK here's my problem... :blink: I might have a B16 from a 1999 Civic Si (whole sawp) comming my way. Now should I swap it in my CRX, sell it, or just pass... Oh and the engine is probably going to cost me $500. If I decide to swap it in to my CRX what problems should I expect to run into? -Thanks for all who respond!!!

It's comming from an auto body shop, the car was rolled over, and now the owner wants a new car, and his buy back for the whole car was $500 :D

the problems you are going to run into trying to install that motor into your CRX, are the motor is obd2 and your car is obd0, you are going to have to change your injectors and you distibutor to fix that. also the tranny on the b16a2 is hydro and your car is set up for a cable tranny... so you sould try and sell that hydro tranny and get a cable tranny... then you are going to need motor mounts and shift linkage, and somewiring and some misc. parts and you should be set. check out hasport.com for more info, and you might want to think about buying their mounts and shift linkage it is good stuff...

You're saving about $1,800, more than enough to scrounge the parts to make it an eay and worthwhile swap. You can probably trade the tranny straight up to someone that needs a hydaulic and can get their mits on a cable B series, hell you may be able to trade all the OBD IIb part to someone. After that you will need mounts,and whatever else pops up. But for $500 you can't go wrong. Or you could sell it as a whole and get a B16A from a 89-91 SiR, or maybe a B18A1.

Back